Thursday, February 26, 2015

Tofu Sisig

Okay, so I decided to eat healthy and to lose the extra baby  body fats. Yep, after 7 months post-partum, its just today that I finally made up my mind to stay fit. I am going to overhaul myself and promised myself to bring back my pre-pregnancy weight. (Watch out for it my dear husband *evil grin*)  With that, I am going to share you an easy recipe that you can enjoy eating without feeling that guilt (Hayyy, hala! Ilan ba ang calories ng sisig per serving?/ Hay naku ang dami ko nakain na sisig, nakakataba pa naman to/ Grabe, sumakit batok ko kakakain ng sisig)

Sisig is one of my fave dishes so instead of using those high in cholesterol ingredients to prepare this dish, I've replaced it with Tofu. The taste is not the same as the "real" sisig, but the flavor is still there. My husband, who is not a fan of tofu also loved this :)


What you need: 

* 3-4 pieces of tofu (cut in to small squares) 
* 3 pieces of green chilies 
* 1 medium onion
* 1 small pack of Mayonnaise 
* 2-3 tablespoons of Oyster Sauce 
* Knorr Liquid Seasoning (can replace with Soy Sauce)
* Canola Cooking oil 

What you need to do: 

* Heat the oil. 
* Cook the Tofu until it turns golden brown. Set aside 
* Saute the onions. 
* Add the green chilies. 
* Put the tofu and add the oyster sauce. 
* Sprinkle & dash some Liquid seasoning 
* Add the cooked tofu.
* Put the mayonnaise and mix it until the tofu's are evenly covered with Mayo
* Serve and happy eating! ♥ 

NOTE: You may add salt, pepper and sugar. Water may also be added. 

1 comment:

  1. This looks yum! Try ko to sis. Fave namin ng hubby ko ang tofu. :))

    ReplyDelete