Monday, July 16, 2012

Tuna and Mushroom Carbonara


It’s my first time to cook carbonara; and I must say that I really nailed it! Haha! I was really kind of hesitant to serve it as our snack, since my family have been used to eating the ever famous sweet Filipino spaghetti. Good thing, they all enjoyed eating it, and even requested me to cook it next weekend.

I didn’t use the instant Carbonara sauce from Del Monte, but I made the sauce from scratch. It was really easy making the sauce, and should I have known that preparing this pasta is really a cakewalk,; I could have cooked this merienda most of the time!

What you need to do:

½ kilo of fettucine; cooked as per instructions
1 can of Campbells condensed cream of mushroom
1 big can of whole mushroom (okay, so I accidentally grabbed the whole mushrooms, but you can use the stems and buttons for this)
1/2 cup of nestle cream
1 cup of water
1 onion, chopped
1 can of Century Tuna
Parmesan Cheese
*** I didn’t use garlic since my dad hates it. No bacon too, since we’re aiming to be healthy here. But you can add bacon to make it even more delicious. :D ***

What you need to do:

·         Sautee the onions. Add the tuna.

·         Add the cream of mushroom, pour the water then the nestle cream. Add the mushrooms.

·         Let it simmer for 5-8 minutes. You may add more nestle cream if needed.

·         Combine the cooked pasta and sauce.

·         Top with parmesan cheese

·         Serve with love and happy eating. 

1 comment:

  1. thanks so much for posting this add it really help a lot and my family really liked the carbonara i did thanks so much

    ReplyDelete