Thursday, March 8, 2012

No Bake Chicken Pastel

The first time I tasted chicken pastel was during my friend’s party. Since then, I became curious how to make this sumptuous dish. Little did I know that this process is not that tedious as it looks like; most especially in my case, I don’t have my own oven, so baking is already out of the picture. My mom gave away our stove that has a built in oven few years ago when we had our house renovation. They replaced the usual gas stove with what I fondly call, the glass stove. Hehe (Glass top stove) so every time I need to experiment with some baking goodies, I only use the turbo broiler I bought thru my first paycheck here in the company. This broiler is also useful because can be used for baking, roasting, steaming and grilling. 

 Without the proper culinary schooling, I am not that tempted to try the chicken pastel with the crust on top. (only to find out that I can buy the crust from groceries!), so I made my own version of no bake chicken pastel. It tastes the same though, except that it doesn’t have the crust, and less Carbs! Haha



                                                           What you need

1/2 can of  Cambell cream of mushroom (I wouldn’t recommend using the powdered cream of mushroom varieties)
½ chicken (on the original chicken pastel, they only used chicken fillets, but in my own version, i used wings, breast and legs)
2 onions, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 cup grated cheese
1 knob of butter
10 pcs hotdogs, sliced diagonally (yes only 10 pieces, because I used cocktail hotdogs here) :D

Procedure

Heat the butter, sautee the onions and garlic
Add the chicken, make sure to set the heat to medium, we don’t want to overcook the chicken. Keep stirring until the pinky portion (blood!) is no longer visible
Add the hotdogs, cream of mushroom and cheese
Let it simmer for 5 minutes
Serve with LOVE, and EAT! 

No comments:

Post a Comment