Thursday, June 26, 2014

Gising Gising ver 2.0

I posted this recipe way back 2013, but the gising gising recipe I'm going to share this time is different from the first one. Instead of using green chilies, I opted to use finger chilies. This is to help my family distinguish baguio beans from green chilies (LOL). Once cooked, baguio beans and green chilies look the same, so if you're not a big fan of eating siling labuyo, might as well use finger chilies. Your chances of eating siling labuyo is at 80-90% because believe me, they look ALMOST the same once cooked. 

I've also used liempo in lieu of ground pork.

If you don't know what Gising gising is, it tastes like Bicol Express, except that gising gising has baguio beans :) As per my husband, this is perfect for pulutan too. Magigising ka talaga sa anghang! 


What you need: 

2 pieces liempo (pork belly) - cut into strips (100 pesos)
10 pieces baguio beans cut into small strips (20 pesos)
4 pieces finger chilies - chopped  (5 pesos)
1 cup of coconut milk (2 pesos)
1 tablespoon of bagoong na alamang (I bought 1 bottle, and it costs, 59 pesos)
1 medium onion - chopped
garlic - crushed
cooking oil

Yield:  3-4 servings

What you need to do: 

* Heat the oil. Saute the onion and garlic. 
* Add the liempo. Cook for 3 minutes or until it turns golden brown. 
* Put the bagoong and finger chilies.
* Pour the coconut milk. 
* Let it boil. Continue stirring until the sauce thickens. 
* Add the baguio beans. Let it cook for 1-2 minutes. 
* Happy eating! 

No comments:

Post a Comment