Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Battered Quail Eggs - Kwek Kwek


Aside from banana cue and turon sold on the sidewalks, kwek kwek is also one of my favorite street foods. Too bad, my husband who has a weak stomach (hehe) is not fond of eating street foods, so I’ve got no choice but to find a booth inside the mall just so I can eat this affordable and delicious tastier way of cooking quail eggs! I can still remember, a good friend of mine and I would stop and buy under the dirty bridge of Coastal so we could eat Kwek Kwek and Tukneneng. Oh, how I miss those days.


What you need:
1 dozen of quail eggs
2 to 3 tablespoon of cornstarch
1 cup of flour
½ cup of water
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
½ teaspoon iodized salt
1 tablespoon of atsuete powder (this would make the batter color orange) ; you can also use food coloring if you don’t atsuete powder
Canola cooking oil for deep frying

What you need to do: 
On a bowl, combine all the ingredients and mix thoroughly.

♥ Place the cooking quail eggs on the mixture, then coat them individually.

♥ Heat the cooking oil. Deep fry. Place on a serving plate.

♥ Serve with love and happy eating!

For the sauce:
Aside from vinegar, you may add bits and pieces of onion and cucumber. 

No comments:

Post a Comment