Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Ginataang Bilo-Bilo


Hello July!

I’ve been very busy with work and unable to cook lately. Thanks to my mom, because she’s back to cooking and I get to taste her yummy dishes again. Thanks too mom, for waking up early just so hubby and I can eat our breakfast and dinner on time. Hehe!

Anyway, here’s some of the recipes I have cooked, if I’m not mistaken, two weeks ago, but wasn’t able to blog it. hehe

Ginataang Bilo-Bilo is probably my most favorite merienda of all time! 



Too bad my mom’s a diabetic so we seldom cook it. We know how sweet this merienda can be! But since I have been bragging my mom how I miss eating ginataan bilo-bilo, she then decided to buy the ingredients and taught me how to cook it.

What you need

5 pieces saging na saba, cut into rounds. See picture below.
20 pieces bilo bilo (rice balls; or what they call the glutinous rice)
½ cup of sago
5 tablespoons of sugar
1 cup of langka strips
1 piece of sweet potato, diced
2 cups of water
3 ½ cups of coconut milk

What you need to do: 
Pour the water on a large cooking pot. Let it boil.
Add the coconut milk and the rest of the ingredients (except the sago).
Let it cook for 30 minutes, or until the bilo bilo pops in the water. ;)
Add the sago. Let it simmer for 1 minute.
Serve with love and happy eating! Best eaten during rainy season. Tee  hee

No comments:

Post a Comment