Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Baby food: Chicken with Sweet Potato Puree

Last week, I tried experimenting with chicken because I want to check if my daughter would love it. I was too excited because this will be the first time she’d taste some meat. At first, she liked how it tasted but after eating 4 tablespoonful of the chicken puree, I noticed that she didn’t want to open her mouth and would immediately turn away from the spoon. I thought she was already full so I put the remaining puree in the fridge for her next feeding. Come lunch time, she still didn’t want to eat and that’s when I found out that she didn’t like the smell of chicken. When I gave her a different kind puree, she was able to finish 2 small containers plus some dessert. Fortunately, I was able to let her finish this recipe by adding her favorite yogurt. Don't get me wrong, this recipe tastes really good (I even liked it), I just don't get it why my daughter prefers it with greek yogurt. he he he. 

This is a recommended recipe for babies between 8-12 months. I will keep on trying to serve chicken to my baby until she gets accustomed with the taste and smell.   ;)




What you need:

·         1 breast of small chicken, sliced to small pieces
·         1 medium onion
·         1 medium sweet potato, chopped
·         1 pear
·         Extra Virgin Olive Oil
·         ¼ cup of water (or more)

What you need to do:

·         Heat the oil. Saute the onions.
·         Cook the chicken until transparent.
·         Add the sweet potato and pears. Cook for 3 minutes.
·         Pour the water. Let it simmer for another minute.
·         Puree the cooked chicken.
·         Let it cool. Serve. 

No comments:

Post a Comment