Thursday, March 8, 2012

No Bake Chicken Pastel

The first time I tasted chicken pastel was during my friend’s party. Since then, I became curious how to make this sumptuous dish. Little did I know that this process is not that tedious as it looks like; most especially in my case, I don’t have my own oven, so baking is already out of the picture. My mom gave away our stove that has a built in oven few years ago when we had our house renovation. They replaced the usual gas stove with what I fondly call, the glass stove. Hehe (Glass top stove) so every time I need to experiment with some baking goodies, I only use the turbo broiler I bought thru my first paycheck here in the company. This broiler is also useful because can be used for baking, roasting, steaming and grilling. 

 Without the proper culinary schooling, I am not that tempted to try the chicken pastel with the crust on top. (only to find out that I can buy the crust from groceries!), so I made my own version of no bake chicken pastel. It tastes the same though, except that it doesn’t have the crust, and less Carbs! Haha



                                                           What you need

♥1/2 can of  Cambell cream of mushroom (I wouldn’t recommend using the powdered cream of mushroom varieties)
♥ ½ chicken (on the original chicken pastel, they only used chicken fillets, but in my own version, i used wings, breast and legs)
♥ 2 onions, chopped
♥ 2 cloves garlic, chopped
♥1 cup grated cheese
♥ 1 knob of butter
♥ 10 pcs hotdogs, sliced diagonally (yes only 10 pieces, because I used cocktail hotdogs here) :D

Procedure

♥ Heat the butter, sautee the onions and garlic
♥ Add the chicken, make sure to set the heat to medium, we don’t want to overcook the chicken. Keep stirring until the pinky portion (blood!) is no longer visible
♥Add the hotdogs, cream of mushroom and cheese
♥ Let it simmer for 5 minutes
♥Serve with LOVE, and EAT! 

No comments:

Post a Comment