Friday, October 26, 2012

Steamed Java Rice


I am a big fan of java rice as in I would enjoy eating it, without even noticing I have eaten 2 cups of rice already. If ever I get a chance to eat at a fast food – I would always pair my viand with java rice. Kipps fried chicken, aristocrat and Sizzling hot are my favorite restaurants that offer really delicious java rice.

My mom used to cook rice this way; but since the way she cooks it doesn’t seem to be the “right” method of making it, I told her to serve the normal rice instead. 

Her method is she mixes Del Monte Tomato Ketchup and a 1-day old rice until it becomes a fried rice.  Yes it’s delicious and somehow addicting, but making the java rice out of 1 day old rice is not that health at all. :S

So if you want a steamed java rice to serve to your family then you can try this method.  This is the first time I tried making java rice from scratch, so this serving is only good for 2 cups of steamed rice.

Ho Ho Ho

What you need:
2 cups of steamed rice
2 tablespoons of melted butter
½ teaspoon of salt
¼ teaspoon of annatto powder
1/8 teaspoon of turmeric ground
½ teaspoon onion powder
½ teaspoon garlic powder

What you need to do:
·         Combine all the ingredients (except the rice) Mix well.

·         Pour the mixture on steamed rice.

·         Mix so that the rice is well coated by the orange colored mixture.

·         You may add green peas

·         Serve with barbecued pork chop, fried chicken – or any fried viands! ☻

No comments:

Post a Comment