Friday, October 26, 2012

Tofu with salted black beans


Mark is not into tofu while I really love how it tastes; that’s why when I first tasted this dish at my in laws place, my first impulse is to ask my mother in law for the recipe. Surprisingly, even if my husband’s not into tofu – he still managed to eat what I cooked and noted that it was delicious. Perhaps he doesn’t have a choice after all. :D



Here’s what you need to make the tofu with salted black beans

5 pieces of tofu; cut into cubes
1 small can of salted black beans (don’t throw the sauce) – if you can find the small pouch of salted black beans, use that instead. The sauce is too salty and you will need a lot of water to even the taste of the dish.
1 cup of water
½ cream dory, sliced
1 white onion, sliced
1 tablespoon of garlic, minced
2 table spoon of butter
1 bunch of kinchay, remove the stalks
Canola cooking oil

What you need to do

·         Deep fry the tofu. Set aside

·         Heat the butter. Saute the onions,garlic and creamy dory.

·         Add the salted green beans with its sauce.

·         Pour the water. Add more water when needed.

·         Add the kinchay leaves

·         Put the fried tofu on the sauce

·         Serve with love and happy eating! 

No comments:

Post a Comment