Sunday, January 6, 2013

No bake blue berry cheesecake

My family most especially my husband is really into cheesecake. That's why when i found out a couple of years ago that red ribbon is no longer selling cheesecakes, I really felt sad because I wouldn't want to spend too much just to eat cheesecake, most especially that the other cheesecakes in the market are way too expensive!

Making the blueberry cheesecake was such a challenge for me. I was quite afraid that I might not get the consistency that I wanted. Well, the texture wasn't really perfect - but I am super proud that I nailed how a true cheesecake tastes like. It was such a big hit for my family, and mind you, since this is not the commercialized cake, the filling is really filled with blueberries and the cheese is somehow thick. So sulit na sulit talaga.

I didn't know that 2 packs of cream cheese can make 3 sets of cake. So I was really unprepared with the containers. Good thing I still have these disposable containers and that's where I placed the finished product. Before I learned the secret of cheesecake, I thought that the ingredient is only the cream cheese. Little did I know that we need to use nestle cream and gelatin to make it. Now that answers my question how come cheesecakes doesn't taste cream cheese after all. Hehe


What you need
400 grams of cream cheese
1 can of preserved blueberries
1 pack of crushed graham
1/2 knob of melted butter
2 tablespoons of sugar, you may add more if you want the crust to be sweeter.
2 tablespoons of unflavored gelatin dissolved in 1/2 cup of water
1 can of nestle cream

What you need to do

* On a bowl, mix the graham and sugar. Add the melted butter. Make sure that everything is mixed altogether.

* Now put the mixed graham on your container. Since these ingredients could yield 3 containers, make sure to divide the crust equally. Chill the crust for 30 minutes.

* Now this is the fun part - making the filling! Mix the cream cheese and nestle. Well and good if you have a mixer,but if you don't have one (just like me), your hands is already enough to beat it. Pour the unflavored gelatin. Now beat the mixture for another 2 minutes.

* Put the filling on top of the chilled crust. Make sure to fill the containers equally. :) Tip: don't make the filling to thick. :)

* Top with blueberry preserves.

* Chill, and serve with love.


No comments:

Post a Comment