Tuesday, June 19, 2012

A healthier way of cooking eggs (Poached Egg)

Long before I started practicing my inner culinary skills (naks!) I didn’t know that there’s another way of cooking eggs. I didn’t even know that poaching eggs ever existed. I grew up only eating scrambled and sunny side up eggs only. (hard boiled egg is really not my type) So when I found out about the method for poaching eggs, I immediately told hubby that I am going to try it. He wasn’t even aware about poached eggs, but he was very willing to try and taste the new scheme. Tee hee.

For the record, I am not going to post the picture of the finished product. I really didn’t like how it turned out. It looked like a devastated sunny side up egg, but still tastes delicious
.
If you’re not aware how a poached egg looks like, take a look at the picture below: 

Photo credit


It still looks like a sunny side up, except that the inside is really gooey

Here's what you need if you want to poach an egg: 

♥ Fresh Eggs 
♥ 2 tablespoons of vinegar
♥ 2 to 3 cups of water, depending on how shallow your saucepan is. 

Procedures: 
♥ Carefully crack the egg on the bowl. 

♥ Heat the saucepan. Pour the water. 

♥ Once the water has reached its boiling point, add the vinegar

♥ Turn off the heat, then carefully put the egg on the water. 

Let it sit for 4 minutes or until the egg white is cooked.

♥  Lift eggs out of pan with a slotted spoon.

Poached eggs are perfect for Eggs Benedict 

No comments:

Post a Comment