Friday, June 1, 2012

Pinakbet

It was during my elementary days when i first cooked this dish. I learned it from my mom because she never fails to cook this once every two weeks. I have been a frequent eater and lover of vegetables so i really enjoy it a lot every time she prepares this dor us. So when she went to province to visit my grandma, i decided to cook and prepare this ilocano delicacy for my ex hubby to be; and now my husband already. Haha.

What you need
1/4 kilo of pork
3 knob of garlic , crushed
1 tomato, minced
1 thumb of ginger, crushed
1 red onion , minced
2 eggplants, cut into 1/2 inch
1 bittergourd (ampalaya con carne cut)
1 tali of okra
1/2 squash
1 sachet of magic sarap
4 tablespoons of bagoong (i used the liquid typenof bagoong, not the paste)
2 to 3 cups of water
1 tablespoon of canola cooking oil

What you need to do

* Heat the oil. Sautee the garlic and onions. Then add the tomato and ginger. Continue stirring until fragrant.
* Add the pork. Let it cook until the edges turn to brown.
* Pour the water, then add the magic sarap and bagoong.
* Let it simmer for 5 minutes. Add the vegetables. Bring to a boil but do not overcook the veggies.
* Serve with love and happy eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment