Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Beef Pares

Beef pares - the first time I tasted this dish was on a carinderia - it tasted very commercialized, and the soup looked really pale. My mom doesn't even know how to cook this so all the while, I thought that Beef Pares' soup must look really pale. ☻  So yesterday morning, I tried giving it a shot, hoping that I get to cook the perfect Beef Pares for the family. 


Their verdict? It tasted really delicious! 100.1%. My family have been very nice and super supportive about my way of cooking. They continuously provide constructive feedback so I get to improve the dishes that I cook for them. 


What I really love about this dish is the sweetness and saltiness plus the aroma of star anise. 




What you need:
1/2 kilo of beef, cut into cubes 
1/4 cup of soysauce
2 table spoons of sugar
dash of ground black pepper
2-3 pieces star anise
1 beef Bouillon
5 cups of water
1 bunch of kutchay leaves, chopped 
3 cloves of garlic, crushed
1 knob of ginger, minced
1 small onion, minced 
1-2 cups of water
canola cooking oil

What you need to do: 
♥ On a pot, pour the water. Put the beef Bouillon and beef as well. 

♥ Let it boil until the beef becomes tender. (I used pressure cooker for this process, so it only took 20-30 minutes to get the consistency that I really want). Set aside. Do not throw the broth. 

♥ On a pan, saute the garlic, ginger and onion. Put the cooked beef and the broth. 
♥ Pour the additional cup of water. (I wanted it to be soupy) hehe

♥ Add the soy sauce, pepper and sugar and star anise. 

♥ Let it simmer for 10 more minutes. 

♥ Add the chopped kutchay. 

♥ Serve with love and Happy Eating! 

No comments:

Post a Comment