Tuesday, April 10, 2012

A Combination of Pork Steak and Bistek Tagalog

Every time my mom cooks Bistek Tagalog for the family, it doesn't have this oily sauce that I find really delicious. She even calls it Asado, which I find quite odd, because the asado that I know is somehow sweet. :D and my own version for Pork Asado is way too different from hers. Tee Hee. 


So I made my own version, and I find it really delicious. My own version is like a combination of Pork Steak and Bistek Tagalog, plus with lots of white onions and that oily sauce. ♥ 




What you need: 
1/2 kilo of beef tenderloin, tapa cut
1/4 pork kasim, cut thinly ☻
1 white onion, cut into rounds
3 table spoons of soy sauce 
4 pieces of calamansi 
3 cloves of garlic crushed
dash of ground black pepper
1 cup of water 
canola cooking oil 
1 sachet of magic sarap
1 table spoon of Knorr liquid seasoning
4 cloves of crushed garlic,

What you need to do

♥ On a bowl,  marinade the beef with  the soy sauce, calamansi and black pepper for 1 hour. 

♥ Heat the pan. Put the oil. Cook the onions until transparent. Set aside. 

♥ On the same pan, Pan fry the marinated beef (without the remaining marinade) until cooked. Set aside. 

♥ Saute the garlic. Add the cooked beef again. 

♥ Pour the remaining marinade and one cup of water. 

♥ Add the magic sarap and knorr. 

♥ Let it boil for 15 to 20 minutes until the beef becomes more tender.

♥ Top with the cooked onions. 

♥ Serve with love and happy eating! 


No comments:

Post a Comment