Friday, March 9, 2012

Bacon and Cheese Frittata

They say that during breakfasts, we should eat like a king. I grew up eating heavy breakfasts, and my mom always makes it a point to prepare 2 to 3 viands during breakfasts.  Hotdogs, eggs, bacons & sardines with udong is always present.

For a change, I decided to put a twist on our usual breakfast. I decided to combine the usual breakfast she prepares for us in just 1 dish. Egg and bacon in one -- my own version of Bacon and Cheese Frittata. 

So what is Frittata? According to Meriam Webster, it is an Italian dish made with fried beaten eggs, resembling a Spanish omelet. So in short, it's TORTA! So if you're planning to cook tortang talong, might as well say: " I am going to cook Eggplant Frittata." Sosyal! ;) 



Ingredients:

6 eggs, lightly beaten
¼ cup grated cheese
7-8 bacon, thinly sliced
Canola cooking oil
2 stems of English leeks (kuchay);optional

Procedures:

Heat the oil. Sautee the onions until it gets transparent. Add the leeks, then the bacon. Let it cook for 2-3 minutes. pour the beaten eggs. Cook until almost set, but still gooey.

♥ Place the cooked eggs and bacons on a baking pan. Top with grated cheese.

♥ Since I used turbo broiler, I  baked it for 15 minutes.

♥ Serve and eat happily! 

No comments:

Post a Comment