Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Chicken Pandan Wings


The first time I tasted spicy chicken pandan was the time h2b and I pigged out in Jatujak, SM, Mall of Asia. 



Our favorite food in Jatujak: thai chicken pandan & crispy  pork! 


I never thought that I would be able to prepare an enticing dish like this, but with the moral support of my family, I was able to come up with my own version of Thai Chicken Pandan, or should I say, chicken pandan only, since I didn’t add chilies to this delicious dish. (I am scared of almuranas) hehehe

Unlike other chicken pandan, I used chicken wings instead of chicken breast fillets. My family is not a big fan of chicken breasts - they don't find it tasty I suppose. 

Here's my own version of Chicken Pandan Wings ♥





Ingredients
½ kilo of chicken wings
Pandan leaves (just right to the number of cut chicken pieces)
Toothpicks
Canola oil for frying

Marinade:
8 tablespoons of patis
Garlic (minced)
1 thumb of ginger (ginger makes the lansa of the chicken go away!)
2 pcs of calamansi (juice)
2 tablespoons of brown sugar
2 – 3 cups of coconut milk (gata)
2 tablespoons of oyster sauce

Procedures:  
♥ Place all the chicken in a bowl, and then add the ingredients for marinade. Marinade the chicken for 2-3 hours. The longer the better as it absorbs the flavors of the sauce. 
♥ Wash the pandan leaves and make sure you remove the end portion of the leaves.  To emit the scent of pandan, blanch it for 1 minute. The aroma of pandan leaves is so mouthwatering! 
♥ Take one piece of chicken wings, then wrap it with a pandan leaf. Secure it with a clean toothpick. Repeat until all the chickens are wrapped.

No comments:

Post a Comment