Friday, March 16, 2012

Chicken Binakol

I find the name of the dish so weird, but this recipe tastes so familiar. If you love Chicken Tinola, I bet you would also love this dish.

 I grew up eating Ilocano dishes, so it’s not a big deal for me if we use Fish Bagoong instead of patis in most of our dishes. Every time my mom cooks tinola for us, the soup turns to color brown due to the bagoong. I can still remember the first time Mark ate tinola at our house and he was wondering how come the sauce was brown, and it has a pungent smell. Hehe.

With the patis that was used in this dish, I can pretty tell that this is something new with our taste buds. :D

What you need
2 buco juice; meat reserved
½ kilo chicken, adobo cut
2 tablespoons fish sauce
Sili leaves
1 small green papaya
1 knob of ginger
3 cloves of garlic crushed

What you need to do
Sautee the garlic, onions and ginger.
♥  Add the chicken, make sure to cook it very well.
♥ Add the buco juice then the fish sauce
♥ Let it simmer for 5 minutes. Add the vegetables.
♥ Once cooked, add the reserved meat.
The sweetness of the buco juice and the saltiness of fish sauce will surely tickle your taste buds. =) 

No comments:

Post a Comment