Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Cheesy Potato Balls Croquettes

My dad and mom loves mashed potatoes, whereas my husband to be loves cheese. And to prepare something delicious for my family, I came up with my own version of Croquettes. (see ingredients and procedures below)

Cheesy Potato Balls Croquettes



Ingredients
4 big, peeled potatoes
Japanese Breadcrumbs
1cup of grated cheese
1 Egg, lightly beaten
1 cup flour
Canola oil for frying (or you can use whatever oil you have FOR frying)

Procedure:
♥ Boil the potatoes. Once boiled, mash them manually. I used spatula for mashing the potatoes.

♥ Add the grated cheese (the more the merrier) to the mashed potatoes. Let it cool first. You wouldn’t want to hold and form the potatoes when it’s still hot

♥ Form the mashed potatoes and grated cheese into balls (bite size only please)

♥ Dredge the potato balls to flour, and then dip it into the beaten eggs, then coat it with bread crumbs.

♥ Deep fry the potato balls.

♥ Once fried, make sure you drain it by damping the potato balls very lightly to a tissue paper.

♥ Serve and enjoy!  



No comments:

Post a Comment