Monday, March 12, 2012

Pork Asado w/ togue

Mark doesn’t love sweet viands, so I have to make sure that I do not cook something sugary every time I prepare something for him. But since he also loves salty foods, what I came up with is a dish that is sweet but at the same time also salty. :D   


What you need
♥ ½ pork kasim (make sure to prick the meat using a fork)
♥ 1 star anise
♥ 2 ½ tablespoons of sugar
♥ ¼ cup of soy sauce
♥ 2 tablespoons of cornstarch dissolved in ¼ cup water
♥ 1 pc garlic, minced
♥ 1 white onion cut in circles
♥ 2 pcs laurel leaves
♥ 2 teaspoon hoisin sauce
♥ 6 peppercorns
♥ 3 tablespoons of canola cooking oil
♥ 1 cup of water
♥ 2 cups of togue
♥ ¼ cup of water for togue
♥ 2 table spoons of oyster sauce (togue)

Procedures:
♥ Heat the cooking oil. Lightly brown the sides of pork.

♥ Pour the water to reach about half the height of the pork.

♥ Add the rest of the ingredients (except the hoisin, dissolved cornstarch, oyster for togue, togue and 1 cup of water for togue)

Make sure to taste so you know the balance of the saltiness and sweetness. If you want it to be sweeter, you may add more sugar.

♥ Bring to a boil, and lower the heat. Let it simmer for 30 minutes to 1 hour. In my case, since I cut the pork very thinly, I only boiled it for less than 30 minutes.

♥ Once the pork is already cooked, set it aside.

♥ On the same pan, put the dissolved cornstarch and add the hoisin sauce.   Continue stirring until the sauce gets thick.

♥ Pour the sauce over the sliced pork. (However, in my case, I do not pour the sauce right away to the cooked pork. I always put the sauces on a separate bowl so my family members get to put more or less sauce if they want to.

For the side dish.

♥ On the same sauce pan, add the togue, and pour the water. Add the oyster sauce. Let it simmer for 2-4 minutes.

♥ Serve with love and enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment