Friday, March 9, 2012

Strawberry Mango Crepe

I always see the word crepe in malls, but haven’t got the chance to taste it though because I find it costly.  I was even hesitant to order it, since the first time I saw this name on a restaurant, I don’t even know how to pronounce it properly. Thank you to crepe paper, now I am already confident to order this anywhere. Ahahah!

Being a home-chef-wanna-be, I challenged myself to make it from scratch. Yes, I made the own batter! Now I know the reason why this is expensive as compared to other simple desserts. It’s because the process is quite tiresome. 



Here’s what you need

For the batter
2 eggs, lightly beaten
4 cups of flour
1 cup evaporated milk
1 teaspoon of vanilla flavoring
PS: You will need a non-stick pan for making the crepe.

Fillings

2 mangoes, sliced in cubes

Strawberry filling, or any spread you want, so long it's appropriate (I used Sugar Free, Smuckers)




Procedures: 

♥ Combine all the ingredients for the batter. Whisk it, until it becomes smooth and sweet-scented. Yummy!

♥ Heat the nonstick pan over medium to high heat. Put 1/3 cup of batter

♥ Swirl the pan so the batter spreads/coats the entire pan. We want the batter as thin as possible. If you are seeing holes in the batter, you may add more batter to the pan to cover the holes.

♥ Once the batter is cooked, and is no longer shiny, turn the crepe over.

♥ Once cooked, and you have reached the desired texture, you may now remove the crepe from the pan.  Make sure to use a non-metal spatula when removing the crepe from the pan.

♥ On a separate plate, lay the cooked crepe. Put some mangoes depending on the amount of mangoes you want on your crepe.

♥ Roll the crepe around the filling. Make sure to place the seam side down so it wouldn’t open.

♥ Spread it with strawberry filling or whatever filling you want.

♥ Eat and enjoy!  

1 comment: