Friday, March 9, 2012

Simple Roasted Chicken

When I bought our turbo broiler, I was really happy to find out that I can still do things while cooking. I never thought that roasting a chicken is that easy. All I have to do is set the timer, and once it reaches the other half of the time I have set, I just need to flip the chicken on the other side. Much easier than making a sunny side up egg. :D 



Here’s what you need:

1 whole chicken (SM bonus, magnolia or any variety would do!)
Salt and pepper to taste
8 tablespoons of barbecue marinade (I used Mama Sita's)

What you need to do:

♥ Dress the chicken. Rinse thoroughly (but of course, do not use soap. Ahhah) Rub with salt and pepper, then marinate it with the barbecue marinade sauce. Let it rest for 1-2 hours. The longer the better. 
By the way, I used baking soda when dressing the chicken. 

♥ Pre-heat the broiler, set it to roast. Place the chicken on a baking pan, and set the time to 1 hour.

♥ After 30 minutes,  turn the chicken on its other side.  

♥ Serve while hot and enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment