Friday, March 9, 2012

Beef stir fry with baby veggies

Since the moment I started practicing and improving my cooking skills, there’s this magical ingredient that can really make a simple recipe turn in to a very delicious viand. You can add this to various dishes and you’ll be surprise how delicious your dish can turn out.

The other day, while thinking of what dish to prepare for my mom, hubby to be and little sister, I saw a couple of veggies on the fridge, plus a left over ground pork that I wasn’t able to use from the previous dish that I cooked.

It turned out to be a very delicious dish, and my whole family really enjoyed it. Seeing my family very happy and enjoying the dish I cook for them makes me more eager to learn and cook more dishes for them. It’s really fulfilling! 



What you need:
2 tablespoons cornstarch, dissolved in hot water
Left over pork (I used ground beef)
1 carrot, sliced in rectangles (or whatever slice you want)
1 pack of young corn
1 clove of garlic, minced finely
1 bunch of string beans (sitaw) , cut into 2.5 inches length
4-5 tablespoons of oyster sauce (THE MAGICAL SAUCE)
Canola cooking oil for sauteing

Procedures:
Heat the oil. Sautee the garlic. Add the ground pork. Once cooked, add the dissolved cornstarch. 

♥ Let it simmer for 1-2 minutes. Add the magical sauce. Continue stirring until the sauce gets thicker. You may add water if you want it to be more saucy.

♥ Add the vegetables. Let it cook.

♥ Serve with Love, and Eat well! 

No comments:

Post a Comment