Thursday, March 8, 2012

Fish Tropicale

I am really not that fond of fishes, so trying new dishes where as the main ingredient would be fish, is quite challenging for me. The fishes I know by name are: tilapia, bangus, Gee- Gee (haha, that’s Galunggong or mackerel) and tuna. The rest? I consider them as a mystery. LOL.

With that being said, my mom only cooks Sinigang na Isda, Pritong Isda, Sweet and Sour and the one I hate the most – Paksiw na Isda. :D  And since I have already tried cooking and experiment different kinds of dishes, might as well explore the different benefits and recipes for fishes!

So here’s my first attempt; fish tropical(e). For this dish, you can use Tilapia, Mackerel, Lapu lapu and bangus. But since the time I cooked this dish, the only available fish on the fridge was mackerel, so I was left with no choice but to use it, though deep inside, I was really aiming for Tilapia Tropical(e). 


Ingredients:

For the sweet sauce
¼ cup water
1 cup Delmonte pineapple chunks, syrup included
1 tablespoon Delmonte banana ketchup
2 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon soy sauce
3 tablespoons vinegar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 tablespoons julienned carrots
1 1/2 tablespoons julienned red bell pepper
1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch or tapioca, dissolved in 1 tablespoon water

1/2 kilo of mackerel
Salt and pepper to taste

Procedure:
Make the sweet and sour sauce. In a mixing bowl, combine the pineapple chunks, sugar, water, catsup, soy sauce, vinegar and salt. Bring to boil then let it simmer for 5-8 minutes. Put the carrots then the bell peppers. Cook for about 1 minute or 2. Add the dissolved cornstarch then continue to stir it until the sauce gets thicker. Set aside.

♥  Season the mackerel with salt and pepper. Deep fry until golden brown. And since we don’t want that excess oil, make sure you drain the fishes on paper towels.

♥  Arrange the mackerel on a separate plate, and then place the sauce on a difference bowl. 

P.S. I didn’t top the fish with the sauce, so my family gets to choose the amount of sauce they want to mix on their fish.

♥ Serve with love and ENJOY!



No comments:

Post a Comment