Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Mom, this is not the canned Pork & Beans



When my mom asked me 2 weeks ago what I am going to cook for them, I plainly said, pork and beans. She looked at me and said, ano? Pork and Beans? Yung nasa lata? Bakit?  
(Mom is not a big fan of delata’s except corned beef); Isip isip ko naman, Anong bakit???

After seeing her face (please don’t get me wrong, we do love pork and beans in can, but she wants me to cook something home-made when she asked me that question) I immediately said that the main ingredient of the recipe I am going to try is pork and beans. :D, so I named it Pork and Beans, or rather, Pork and Baguio Beans


Ingredients:
½ pork kasim cut into cubes
Juice from 5 calamansi
¼ cup soysauce
Cracked bell pepper (depending on the spice that you want)
Canola oil for frying
4 cloves garlic, minced
¼ baguio beans

Procedure:
Marinate the pork with soy sauce, calamansi juice, pell pepper and garlic for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
Heat the oil.
Drain the pork but please reserve the marinade. Add the kasim and let it cook. Once the edges turn brown, add the reserved marinade. Cook until the marinade somewhat thickens.
Add the baguio beans and cook until beans are just done.
Serve with love, and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment