Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Stir fried mushroom and pechay ♥


Losing weight is not that easy, most especially that I know in order to be healthier, I need to let go one of my favorite comfort foods, and that is JUNK foods. So instead of munching this not beneficial junk, I am left with no choice but to look for a substitute that would satisfy my palate. I have been a lover of vegetables, so experimenting with these taters won’t be a problem for me. (but my h2b doesn’t like this idea though).

So every time I crave for junk foods, I just cook this very simple dish; Stir fried pechay and mushroom. Not an ideal snack though, but mind you, this is really healthy and delicious! The oyster sauce plus the mushroom creates a very flavorful dish.


Ingredients:
1 bunch of pechay
 Half can of button mushrooms ( I used Jolly )
3 tablespoons of cornstarch
4 tablespoons of oyster sauce
Half cup water
1 small onion, minced
Half teaspoon of canola cooking oil

Procedures:
Heat the pan, add the cooking oil and onions for 10 to 20 second for 10 to 20 seconds
Add the cornstarch, mix for 20 seconds
Add the water and oyster sauce.
once the sauce gets thicker, add the pechay. Let it simmer, but not over cook. Top with button mushrooms.
Eat without feeling guilty! 

No comments:

Post a Comment