Friday, March 16, 2012

My Own Version of Pesang Isda

I am really not into fish, but since I wanted to learn to learn how to cook, then might as well I should also try cooking fish. Besides, this is even healthier as compared to the other dishes I have prepared! :D 


I always hear the word pesa, but haven’t had the chance to taste it. I was clueless when I cooked this since I do not have a basis how this dish would taste like. But as per my mom’s judgment, it was really delicious! My mom even said to me that my dad always requested her to cook this, but my mom doesn’t know how to cook it. That’s why when she found out that I already know how to prepare this; she exclaimed happily that I should cook this for my dad too.

Disclaimer: Since I am a homemade chef wanna be,I tweaked the recipe. Based on the recipes I found online, there should be a miso on the sauce. And as I do not want the smell of miso, I opted to make a side dish instead. Hehehe 




What you need
6 pieces mackerel (cut of course)
1 knob of ginger, cut into strips
1 bunch of pechay
8 peppercorns
Fish sauce
1 white onion, chopped
Canola cooking oil
5-6 cups of water

Side dish
1 pack of misua
1 clove of garlic, chopped
1 white onion, diced
Canola cooking oil
4 tablespoons of soup from cooked pesa
Patis

What you need to do:

♥ Heat the cooking oil. Saute the garlic and ginger until the edges start to turn brown. Add the onions. Pour the water and add the peppercorns. Season with fish sauce.

♥ Add the fish. Let it cook for 10 minutes. Do not overcook the fish.

♥ Put the pechay leaves on top of the cooked fish. Cover the pan.

♥ On a separate pan, sauté the garlic, onion and tomato. Add the misua and soup from pesa. Season with fish sauce. Cook for 2 minutes. Serve with the cooked pesa.

♥ Serve with love, and EAT without Guilt!


No comments:

Post a Comment