Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Maling- Katsu

Ever since Mark decided to bring baon to his office, I decided to make processed foods to simple home cooked meals. And that's what I did to my favorite meatloaf ever since I was a little girl. It was my dad who actually introduced me to this meatloaf, but due to the viral news that was shown a few years ago about the production of the said meatloaf, my family decided to switch to a different brand. ♥ 

To savor the flavor of my favorite meatloaf again, I decided to buy one and prepare something similar of a breaded porkchop.

Here’s what I came up with: (ingredients and procedures posted below)


Ingredients: 

1 can of Maling meat loaf
Flour for dredging
Japanese breadcrumbs
2 eggs, lightly beaten
Canola oil for frying 
Worcestershire Sauce 
DelMonte Tomato catsup
1 knob of butter
200 grams of Baguio beans

Procedure:
Cut the meatloaf into square (depending on the size that you want)
♥ Dredge the meatloaf into flour, egg, then bread crumbs
♥ Deep fry. Set Aside.

Side dish:

♥ Top and tail the the baguio beans.
♥ Heat the butter to a skillet, then simmer the beans gently until cooked. 
♥ On same plates, place the cooked maling, then garnish it with cooked buttered baguio beans. 
♥ Serve and of course, ENJOY!

For the Sauce:
Just mix 1 teaspoon of Worcestershire to 2 tablespoons of tomato catsup


No comments:

Post a Comment